SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you keep an image from expanding a table?

Hello all. It's been ages since I've made a website so I'm a little rusty on the ole html, but it's a problem I've had in the past

I have a table centred where all my info will be. In the second row I'm going to have a navigation bar of about 6 buttons or so.

I have the table set to 70% of the page, because I want it working on all size screens. I've made the buttons in photoshop. But when I put them into the navigation bar, they look fine on my screen, but they're not going to stay in proportion in a smaller/bigger screen. Like, they'll stretch out the table. Is there any smart way of making the image percentage proportion...or something like that??

Also, I have 6 seperate buttons, but I want them to look like its just one row, no white space in between. How do I do that?!

Any help greatly appreciated

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    take the height and weight attributes out of your image in your html and put the image into a class using this code in your css:

Code:
    img.header {
    width:100%;
    margin: 0 auto;
    min-width: 400px;/*use whatever minimum width you want for your image*/
    }
    The easiest way I have found to put buttons in a straight line and make them cross browser compatible is this one.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown