SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: HTML mailings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I ask myself: which email programs out there do not support HTML mailings? Cause I'm sending an HTML newsletter and I didn't get ONE cancelling of a subscription.

Johanns Christophe

------------------
    http://freesources.net - the ultimate webmaster resources site

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AOL doesn't by default, I dont know if its an option you can turn on

Chris

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pine doesn't.

Your best bet is to provide two versions of your newsletter -- one in HTML, and one in plain text.

------------------
    -Kevin Yank.
    http://www.SitePoint.com/
    Helping Small Business Grow Online!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is a link above in plain text to an online version enough?

I've also heard the content of my newsletter is readable, even in non-html browsers.

I think the time has come we can go from plain text to html to send out newsletters because most people use or Outlook Express or Netscape Messenger. Some use Pegasus. And all thos have HTML enabled.

And Hotmail accounts support html newsletters, so I don't see why sending out plain text any longer.

Johanns Christophe

------------------

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *BEWARE LAME QUESTION FOLLOWS*

Ok at the risk of sounding like an ass. Just wondering. The site that your running, offering a newsletter and surely a website updated often.
    Is this your career?
    i mean is this your bacon and beans?
    no other side work for $$$

And how do you manage so much updating... by yourself? or is this a group effort? (newsletter & site together)

Reason i ask is because I am looking at being a webdesigner for money, but i would also like to create a website of my own to make money with. And im just wondering if my expectations are too high to think that i would be able to simply run the site as my career and stop designing others sites for money.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That site was not updated since January, I think. I have had a lot of work to do the past few months, but school has come to an end and I have more time for myself.

That site never had too much traffic, I never got around to promoting it like I wanted to.

I am relaunching it soon, and it should help to the bacon and beans

I do work at an outside job, but this brings in hardly any dough.

The site will be relaunched hopefully within a month, it is looking really good now.

That site is about 170 pages I think, all done by me I hang out with around 10-15 friends that work together a lot through Instant Messaging apps. I do all the updating myself, but not all the content was written by me.

It is not too high of an expectation to run a site for your carreer. If you are committed enough (anyone with a carreer should be committed) then you can achieve it.

Good Luck!

------------------
    http://redrival.com/trcfreebies/
    Get more hits, for free!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

TRC-> I thought the post was for me..hum..

Well i don't have any kind of job because I still go to school. What I do is that I sometimes make some designs to get some more money but that's not so often. I do everything myself and no it still doesn't bring meloads of traffic but I think when I promote it a bit more it will gain more traffic -> more subscribers -> more money. Money is not my main target. It is to help people. Of course we all need some money...

Could anyone check out the new design for my newsletter at http://newsletter.freesources.net/newsletters/test

And yes, it is updated almost every day...

Johanns Christophe

------------------

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Microsoft Outlook which is very HTML compliant. I even add a background to my own emails. I prefer text-based newsletters over HTML ones though. The reason being is this. I currently receive between 2 and 3 hundred emails a day. Of which 5 or 6 are spam. Of the rest probably 3/4ths are off of mailing lists or newsletters that have to be reviewed eventually. The other 1/4th are personal messages that I try to respond to each and everyone.

------------------
    Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Moderator/Internet Media Developer
    Digital Magician Studios - Making Magic with Web Applications
    wluke@digitalmagician.com

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freesources...
    Your comment, "What I do is that I sometimes make some designs to get some more money but that's not so often."

How do you mean you make money from designs?
    im a college student and im not working either.
    Im taking this summer off from classes and spending the vast majority of my time on reading message boards and sites regarding graphics and web design.
    Im hoping to begin making some kind of money as soon as possible so i can quit calling my father for help heh.=)P
    Any help i can get in pointing me in a direction that can potentially help me with the bacon and beans will be GREATLY appreciated!!!