SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cloaking/Masking/Redirecting with php?

I'd like to set up something where www.mydomain.com/offers/offer1.php (or offer.php?=1) redirects to whatever affiliate link i tell it to while keeping that URL in the address bar the whole time the surfer is browsing the affiliate website.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use an iframe that takes up the whole window.
    They say, "Practice makes perfect," yet they also say, "Nobody's perfect". I don't get it.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried using frames and iframes but the affiliate i'm redirecting to breaks the frames and shows the true url

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure you're going to be able to accomplish this without employing some shady methods and if you're looking to build something successful shady methods aren't the way to go.
    ChooseDaily.com - Follow on Twitter
    Top Resources for Web Designers and Developers Every Day!

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if the other website is intentionally breaking out of your frames, then i dont think they want you to put thier pages in frames

you could try to create a proxy in a sense, where your webserver grabs the html and rewrites all the links and modifies/disables any javascript getting in your way, but this would be quite a project if you want it to be reliable.

i wouldnt do it. what if you end up proxying a login page? now youre intercepting peoples personal info, and they did not give you permission to do that. not to mention you may break that websites functionality, hurting your affiliates sales.