SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast susan_tusti's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for CSS templates for Art sites

An artist friend of mine asked me to create a very simple site that allows users to click through a set of paintings/images.

He showed me this site as an example of what he wants:
    http://symphonicmuse.com/index.html

My friend really likes this site because the design doesn't get in the way of the paintings. Of course, he requested changes like a flash intro, thumbnail page and color changes.

The CSS required to build a site like this is pretty straigtforward and simple. Even the Flash skills required for an into aren't too complicated. It got me wondering if there is an even easier way...like simple pre-built CSS templates. I did a search and could only find complicated/highly designed templates that look tacky.

If anyone knows of any pre-built templates for artists sites that are simple and elegant like the example above, send them my way...
    Susan

Brevity is greatly overrated brandaggio's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An easier way than coding the simplest possible site and layout - no not really - just code it. You could code a from scratch page faster than you could find a template made with less than desirable code that won't quite suit your needs via Google.

If you need a template just examine the code in the site/link your friend likes - the code is better than average and uses CSS layout - viola - instant template.

The best sites are made by hand - that is why I am anti-template - nonetheless if you need more options you can always take a look at the open source templates here.

SitePoint Enthusiast susan_tusti's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your thoughts and advice. I'll try working from the sample site or just code it myself.