SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy insert data from my site to headmaster's pc (was "I am a new member plz help me")

hello everyone .....

I have made a website programmed by PHP using (mysql db). the site serves the customer and at the end it will print a bill to the customer .

by the way , my headmaster has made a program on his PC programmed by visual basic using (access db) .

So what I need to know is how can I insert the data of the bill from my site to his program database dynamicly which stand alone on his PC (of course he is always online)?

please help me for solving my problem .... I need your experience and thnx a lot really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds like a nasty situation.

Your headmaster would A) have to keep his computer on at all times B) keep Access open at all times C) have a static ip address that is not blocked on the port that access would be "listening" to.

I think an easier solution would be to update a CSV file that your headmaster could download and update his db at his own convience, or force him to use the online mysql db for his data retrieval.

<mgraphic /> - It not a bug, Its an undocumented "feature" !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) create a php page that will output the data in an organized format.

2) create an automated job on your headmaster's computer (using the Windows equivalent of cron or doing so within Access) that calls your page periodically. This process will then need to write the information to a file and Access will need to import it in some fashion.

This will obviate the need for your headmaster's computer to have a static IP or for any ports to be open on your headmaster's computer. This has the advantage of being run when your headmaster needs it to be run and when his computer is on and connected to the internet. You can also create a short cut that will run this application at need from the headmaster's desktop.

tigglet