SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Brevity is greatly overrated brandaggio's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E-commerce website questionnaire

I want to create a generic "needs evaluation/questionnaire" for prospective clients. In particular, one for sites with a shopping cart, not just brochurewear.

Anyone have an example that worked well for them? My intention is to use the information gathered from the questionnaire as the basis for the contract (and to make it easy/ier to draw the contract up).

I also want to create a one page contract/statement of work rather than some long drawn out document. I have been working on it and am not unhappy with the contract so far, but I would like to improve it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one has stumbled upon a form or PDF or a questionnaire they thought was decent and helpful to them in making their own?

Thanks in advance for the help.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy bluedreamer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For your questionairre why not just use a form? - client fills it in and you get emailed the results.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tyssen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think John's after an idea of what questions to include on the form. Closest thing I've seen to what you want was on the Happy Cog (Jeffrey Zeldman's) website: http://www.happycog.com/contact/contact.zip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyssen
    I think John's after an idea of what questions to include on the form. Closest thing I've seen to what you want was on the Happy Cog (Jeffrey Zeldman's) website: http://www.happycog.com/contact/contact.zip
    Tyssen, thank you so much - this was just what I was after. My writing style could use some improvement, which makes it harder to ask the right questions well. The doc you suggested covers a lot of territory and is pretty darn polished.

I often feel that getting/collecting all the real requirements from a/the client is a lot harder than actually building the site. Anything to make this easier is very welcome.

Thanks again,
    John