SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Script directory - overdone?

For the longest time I have wanted to create a script directory -- most likely for multiple languages.

What do you think? Is the "script directory" market oversaturated? Of course with this whole "web 2.0" thing, I could add many of those sorts of things to the website, which no current script directories really have.

Soo what honest input can we get today?
    AskItOnline.com - Need answers? Ask it online.
    Create powerful online surveys with ease in minutes!
    Follow us on Twitter

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, its is quite saturated, but this does not mean you cannot find a niche, and become strong in it.

For example: "ajax scripts and tricks". "scripts for small businesses" "easy-to-install scripts"

Do not go for "yet another directory with 10.000 scripts you will neve need"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like frox said, it's quite saturated with the usual "find 50,000 scripts" sites that contain all the same ones you could find on every other site. The key is to offer something different. Anything to make yourself unique would help stand out from the rest. If you're not going to offer anything new, I'd say focus on a different kind of site as it would be tough to compete against the big dogs already established who offer the same exact product.
    Kevin Hauge : Modern Leaf Design : Follow Us on Facebook
    Client Axis v.08 - client / project management script

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the previous posts. Aim to provide more then the other services can. Don't be like the other services, be different, be unique. You want users to have a reason to go to your site and not any other site around.

If you provide users with what they want, and what they need, all in the one place, you will have users returning to your web site.
    PHP | MySQL | (X)HTML | CSS