User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alternate style sheet FF problem

Hi

This is really annoying me as I just can't figure out the problem. I have a website that uses a main CSS stylesheet with no font sizing in it then another stylesheet with regular font sizes that I want applied when the page loads as a default.
    But then I have 2 alternate stylesheets - 1 to make the text larger and 1 low graphics option. (I took this from the Rachel Andrews Sitepoint Dreamweaver 8 book). I use a JavaScript file to code the switching.
    This always worked (i think) until I did a site re-design.
    Now as far as I can see it loads correctly in IE 7 but not in Firefox.
    In FF it loads without using the text-regular.css it seems to apply some default text sizing of its own.
    When you play around with the page control buttons sometimes it works and other times it doesn't! It sometimes makes the right column wider than the browser so the text goes off the page, then when you press the smaller button it makes it too small and the links underline is too long.
    Please can someone have a play around with this and let me know if you can help?

Many thanks
    http://www.ukdrn.org/new/index.html

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think instead of "alternate stylesheet" you should just use "alternate". I was also surprised to see that you used the "class" attribute in your link element. From what I could see at the W3C the link element has no class attribute.
    http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/links.html

Although "classid" is an Object attribute.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This doesn't seem to make a difference.
    To be honest I am new to web development - the class attribute I believe is to do with the JavaScript file and determining which stylesheet to make active.