SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

rajug.replace('Raju Gautam'); bronze trophy Raju Gautam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Creating HeatMaps in Ruby/Rails and JavaScript.

Hey all,

Does anybody here have experience about Heat maps in Ruby on Rails? Please I want help on implementing Ruby on Rails and JavaScript.

Thank you very much in advance.

With Regards
    Raju Gautam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for the response dear SRTech. I have already read this out. I want this output without the use of Ruby on Rails. I mean only with Javascript and Apache configuration.

Is it possible?

Thanx.
    Raju Gautam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you have to use some sort of image processing to create the overlay image. The above script uses only ruby (no rails needed).

You could also build this in PHP, or Perl, using the ruby script as guide, but you will have to have some sort of processing script, not just Javascript and Apache.

You have probably seen this, and it may not work with whatever you are trying to do, but CrazyEgg offers the click heatmaps as a service, so if you don't want to mess with any software, you might give them a try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using ruby heat maps in my site

Dear SRTech,

Please i would like to take your attention for my help towards here on Ruby Heat Map. I am now using Instantrails for ruby. I have a cookbook project.

Please what should i do at least to write the X and Y (click) values into the log or other some text file?

What i have done till now is:
    I have pasted the registerclicks.js javascript code just before the closing <body> tag on the layout .rhtml page.
    What does the empty.map file contain? Does this file contain the server side script?
    If empty.map file does contain nothing, then which file does contain the ruby codes and writes the x and y's values into the log file.
    Can i write the x,y's values into another file?

Please if you could give me like this step by step short description, i would be very gratefull to you becuase i am running ruby little bit these days but not perfectly.

With Regards
    Raju Gautam
    Last edited by Raju Gautam; Oct 16, 2006 at 05:03.