SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pushing down a div...

Okay, I've gotten futher in my project and now I've made the transition of the XHTML page to being implemented in Wordpress. Now, everything is all fine and dandy except for one thing which I can't figure out why. On this pageClicky, if you went to one of the comment pages, the comment list and the submit a comment area are sorta not in the right place. They should be below the actual content, however nothing I tried would fix the problem... So right now, I just contained the two things in a container div named comments_css and floated that to the left.. However, it still doesn't quite solve the problem. So, if anyone could help me figure out this weird problem, that would be great! Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks to me like you are using float: left; on the div with containing the blog entry content.

In theory, removing the float should push the comments div below the content div.
    Regards,
    Jamie Harrop

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamieharrop
    It looks to me like you are using float: left; on the div with containing the blog entry content.

In theory, removing the float should push the comments div below the content div.
    Nope, it didn't work. It only pushed the right sidebar down?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having trouble dissecting the code, probably because of the usual rubbish that the likes of word press spew out.

You should be using two divs. The first for your post content, and the second for your comments.

These two divs should then be enclosed within a div, which is floated to the left (To stop the right sidebar moving down).

To make it easier for us to see what is going on, could you add a 1px border to the content div?
    Regards,
    Jamie Harrop

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamieharrop
    I'm having trouble dissecting the code, probably because of the usual rubbish that the likes of word press spew out.

You should be using two divs. The first for your post content, and the second for your comments.

These two divs should then be enclosed within a div, which is floated to the left (To stop the right sidebar moving down).

To make it easier for us to see what is going on, could you add a 1px border to the content div?
    From what you said, I think I already have that... Wordpress automatically makes the comments themselves one div and then the submit a comment areas another. What I did was to put a wrapper div around that... lemme add a border to the main content.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have any idea?

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tyssen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove the floats from both your comments div and from .post (probably don't need a width on .post either unless it's s'posed to be smaller than its container).

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyssen
    Remove the floats from both your comments div and from .post (probably don't need a width on .post either unless it's s'posed to be smaller than its container).
    YES!! Thanks soo soo much.. I figured it out now, I don't know why I put the .post code way down where I couldn't find it again lol... guess that's what Comments are for