User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Help, IE 7 (Resize Bug?)

Hey Guys,

I would be eternally grateful if anyone can shed some light on an issue I'm having which only seems to only happen under two conditions:

1) Browser is IE 7 (RC1)
    2) You are "Resizing" The browser window. If it's maximized it's fine - it seems to mess up at certain points when resizing the window.

http://www.graphicalwonder.com/minds...v2/default.htm

The problem: The design is supposed to be FLUID, and full screen. If you resize your window it should grow/shrink accordingly. It works fine in IE 6 and Firefox but in IE 7 when you resize the window it tosses the 3rd column (floated) under the first column. It seems as tho it is some type of math glitch. I can move it 4-5 pixel either way and its fine.

SITE IS HERE:
    http://www.graphicalwonder.com/minds...v2/default.htm

If anyone has any advice - or knows a way I can fix this PLEASE let me know.

Thanks!!

Shane (www.graphicalwonder.com)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replay

Thanks for the reply but I don't think that's it. The reason is if I make the window SMALLER - even after producing this glitch, it will go back into place. If it was "too big" this would not be the case.

I tried to be VERY careful with the math so it "should" add -up.

Anyone else?

Shane

SitePoint Enthusiast ComputerGuru247's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't code for IE7. I don't know why everyone is trying to do this. It isn't in BETA but it isn't mainstreamed. Only computer geeks are downloading it and they realize all sites will look different anyways.
    Bryan

Breakpoint Designs - Web Design, Logos, and more!

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tailslide's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that the CSS rendering bit is complete.
    Little Blue Plane Web Design
    Blood, Sweat & Rust - A Land Rover restoration project

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah CSS Rendering = Complete

I've heard the same (directly from the IE team). The CSS Rendering is complete. Hopefully if it's a BUG however it will still be addressed - otherwise it will go into the next cycle which according to Microsoft is going to become more like MSN - a MUCH more updated product cycle - which is GREAT!

Thanks for the replies guys.

Shane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuru247
    Don't code for IE7. I don't know why everyone is trying to do this. It isn't in BETA but it isn't mainstreamed. Only computer geeks are downloading it and they realize all sites will look different anyways.
    Actually, the second release candidate came out last week, and 'rendering' has been finalized since Beta 2.

and as to why everyone is trying to do this, apparantly you fail to understand what BETA means. Beta's exist not just for bugtesting, but for developers and those who implement it in the field to get their hands dirty so that when the final version hits, you are already set to deal with it... This goes DOUBLE for release candidates - It's the WHOLE POINT of them making these available to developers in the first place.

Better to get the problems out of the way and get used to how it does things now, while it hasn't mainstreamed, instead of waiting until it hits, is auto-installed on the majority of installed XP boxes out there, and suddenly being caught flat footed with a site that doesn't work...

Of course, if people just cleaned up their code and did their sites in a way that didn't require browser conditional statements in the first place, most of these issues could be avoided anyhow.