User Tag List

Thread: iframe

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iframe

Hi I don't know anything about iframe. so i'm not sure that i m posting this to a right place.

well i m working on a website using php. right now whenever I do a search it goes to the result page but it will take 10 seconds to finish the search and show the proper result. I heard I can add iframe on the result page so that the page can be refreshed as soon as the search is completely finished and shows the final result.

Does anything know how to do that? where should i add iframe and how to add it??

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

iframe

An iframe is an inline frame. Instead of being in a defined frameset, it's where you put it, inline.
    I don't know what or how you're searching (eg. PHP script iterating through a database?). But I think what you "heard" was referring to having the results page inside the search page. That way the delay would be in the iframe and the user would still be able to read the rest of the page while waiting for the results to show. Doing something like this would require using javascript. It may be better to find a way to optimize your search and reduce the wait time that way.

SitePoint Enthusiast ComputerGuru247's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iframes are no good. Do not use them in your sites. They are highly inneficient. There has to be a better way to do it.
    Bryan

Breakpoint Designs - Web Design, Logos, and more!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlike Frame it doesn't divide page. You can place Iframe in table cell to display a page into that cell. All modern browser supports this, but it has been depreciated in xhtml-strict.