User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Position Adsense With CSS

Hello,

In an effort to increase clicks on my Adsense Ads, I would like for the Ads to be displayed within the content. I'm trying to figure out how to do it with Articlelive.

At the moment, I have no clue how to insert ads within Articlelive automatically (without manually pasting the code within each article). I can place ads just below the titles and under the article, but infiltrating the article itself seams to be tough.

My initial thought was to use css to position a div with a top: 400px; float:left; but that never worked quite the way I wanted it to. Basically, I want to take an element (Google Adsense) and place it down in the middle of the page within the text and I want to wrap the text around it. Basically, it's the stereotypical ads you see everywhere these days.

I've been working with simple css, but this one is a little more advanced. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Brandon Drury
    Home Recording Forum -
    Make 60% Commission Pushing my new mega system
    Killer Home Recording

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about inserting a div at the beginning of each article:

HTML Code:
    <div style="width:200px; height:200px; background-color:#00FF00; float:right; position:relative;">
    Adsense goes here
    </div>

Is that what you mean?

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a plan B.

Ideally, I would like to move the Adsense box down but allow the text above the ad to flow all the way to the orginal margin. You've managed this in your image, but I couldn't reproduce it with your code.

I've managed to move the Adsense box down, but then it covers up some of the text.

Any ideas?

Brandon
    Home Recording Forum -
    Make 60% Commission Pushing my new mega system
    Killer Home Recording

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tyssen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You won't be able to do this with CSS alone. The only way to get text to wrap around something is to place it at the point at which you want the text to wrap.