Thread: Business Issue.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Business Issue.

My Partner told me we need to talk about
    financial backing, name, logo, clientele, contracts, legal documents, policies

i have the contracts part is written up from a template i was given

But i do not know most of the rest means apart from contracts?

Can anyone tell me please? Thank you.

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think your best bet would be to ask your partner what he means and than come back here with specifice questions related to your business.

No one here can tell you what financial backing is or is not available to you, nor can they help you with your name or logo. What type of clientele do you have? Your contracts, legal docs and business policies all depend on the type of your business.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't understand what your partner is talking about -- the very basics of busineess -- you probably shouldn't be going into business yet at all. Odds are your partner is gonna figure that out real quick. You might consider buying a basic business book and start reading...

Life is short. Be happy today! silver trophybronze trophy Sagewing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you need to talk about all those things, what kind of partner is it? If there is no name or clientele, it sounds like there is no business to speak of at all. If you are starting from scratch, I agree you should probably head to the bookstore!
    The fewer our wants, the nearer we resemble the gods. Socrates

SAGEWING LLC - QUALITY WEB AND MOBILE APPS. PREMIUM OUTSOURCING SERVICES.
    Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Google+

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my client he said he has clients but the other night he told me he said we dont have enough experience.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry, but you don't seem to be making sense. Your client (or did you mean partner?) said he has clients but you don't have enough experience?

Sounds to me like your partner has "prospects" but is at a loss to know how to proceed.

At any rate, if you want help from this forum, it might be in your best interest to at least post the nature of your business (web design or do you sell widgets?) and then someone might be able to help you from there.

So far it looks like a case of the blind leading the blind.
    Linda Jenkinson

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea sorry i meant partner we are wanting to setup our own webdevelopment company sorry about before.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Okay -- the first thing you two need to do is to put your heads together and create a decent company portfolio. That will take care of showing your potential clients your "experience" and the quality of your work.

Then I'd do some research on setting up a company in your area. Contact an accountant (CPA is best I think) and they will help you understand the investment you need to start your business and possibly give you some help with a business plan.

Planning a business is a lot more than just contracts and paperwork. Read the SitePoint articles here and maybe invest in the Site Point Business kit.

From what you have posted, it sounds like you both have a long way to go before you actually hang our your shingle whether virtual or not. Although your partner says he "has clients" you really don't have a thing until you get someone to sign on the bottom line.
    Linda Jenkinson