SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multi-column form items

I'm new to this but keen to convert my current site to web standards.
    I'm trying to work out how to set up this page without using tables.
    It is easy with tables, I just create a two column table and drop the form items into each cell. I really don't know where to start using CSS! Any hints of tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Rob

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Styling forms with CSS can be a bit of a hassle, even for the veterans. Unfortunately, this process starts by using valid, semantic HTML. You have a <title> element above your DOCTYPE, and your nested tables are just way too bloated. Remove the extra <title> element, and validate your HTML. Once you've done that (and I've finished my assignment for today) I'll be able to help you better.

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with Dan. Your code needs correction. Your title should be in the head section, as well as your script tag (which is after the head but before the body). I haven't looked much into the table, as it is obvoius that the code is not correct. Still, it looks like you have quite a bit of unnecessary tags.
    I think that you'll be surprised of how much your code will be reduced once you change it to tableless!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your replies, I'll be updating the page over the weekend. Big deadline approaching!
    Rob