SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I create HTML emails and need to know how do I get images to show up on Mac.

I'm not sure this is the place to ask this question but here I go.

I create HTML emails for my company. We are a professional photographic lab.
    We are PC based. A small portion of our clients are MAC people. The boss will not spring for a MAC to use for web development (I'm the Web person also)

My problem is I am not sure how to code the images in the HTML so that MAC's will see them. (I know af no way to preview for a MAC... Suggestions?)

Right now I use the full url for each image so that the images show in all the email programs I know our clients use.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Katt

Brevity is greatly overrated brandaggio's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You won't have to do a thing - Macs display web images just like PC's - the images usually just look a little better than they do on a PC .

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kattaryna
    Right now I use the full url for each image so that the images show in all the email programs I know our clients use.
    Katt
    Continue doing it this way - you shouldn't have any problems.

Nadia

SitePoint Evangelist Ed Seedhouse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wozniak
    You won't have to do a thing - Macs display web images just like PC's - the images usually just look a little better than they do on a PC .
    Unless of course the email application is set to not display the images. Firefox on the PC can be set to do this, and mine is set that way.

If the user doesn't want to see your images there is nothing you can do to make him see them.
    Ed Seedhouse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies, I went to a friend last night who is a true MAC person and we checked out the site I'm in charge of and some of the emails we have sent... Everything worked great!

My lesson for the day is... just because the bosses daughter thinks she is a MAC person doesn't mean that she actually undestands how her's works!

Again Thanks for the replies,
    Katt