SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video Game Content (reviews/previews/videos etc) Adivce

Hello!

I am currently working on some video game sites for a client, and they have sparked my own interest in perhaps making my own after I am done with his.

However, I do need some advice. Where do all the smaller gaming sites get there reviews previews, and videos from? I know I can hire some writing, and myself to write reviews for games, but what about previews? Stuff I have no acess to besides other big sites? Is there a place I can get them from? Or perhaps get them from bigger sites, but let the readers know where I got it?

Also, I am curious about videos, trailers, and in play game video of games. I know I couldnt use videos that are reviews of the game from gamespot or something.

I am just curious to if I can use trailers of games, and where I can get previews of games, images, that sort of stuff, and maybe where I can get cheats from?

Do i go to the actual games site, and use there information? I know I would need to a quote, and cite each bit of info from a certain site.

I just dont want to run into legal problems down the road. Would it be possible to email some of the larger websites asking if I could post some of there previews/video reviews? And make sure that they are fully credited, and linked back to them?

Thanks for any help!

Ps. Anyone know the best CMS for a gaming site? (next gen gaming site)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know if you like my site elols.com (gaming content and video games trailers).
    This site is CMS driven and I can share with you how I serve video game trailers 100% free and legally.