SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Freelance Web Designer KeithMcL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Visit http://www.intel.co.uk/english/index.htm and move your mouse over the nav bar on the left.

It's not the way the nav bar works that interests me but the way the background picture of the woman can be seen.

Regards,

------------------
    Soon to come,
    webmasterswork.com

[This message has been edited by KeithMcL (edited May 11, 2000).]

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Karl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought so, they use an alpha blend on the image used to define the floating box. This means that the image is slightly transparent, it is also IE only at the moment.

Look for information on filter effects in internet explorer, one source is the homesite documentation which is very good.

------------------
    Karl Austin
    KDA Web Services

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    once again, a brilliantly stupid question comming from jizbot...

Im curious how they got theyre top nav bar to cut in the shape its in and how they got it to shadow like that...

in fact....as i look at these websites to try and help teach me HTML ang graphics, i wonder how any web designer makes their page look like what they see in their mind.

Should i actually be creating an entire page in say paintshop (buttons, nav bars, backgrounds and all) then cut the specific objects out, to then place in my HTML???
    cause when i look at some of these pages, and how they look multilayered with the shadows and all... it looks so nice. yet so hard for me to achieve.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jizbot,

I usually lay out my pages in either Photoshop or CorelXara. Then think about how to code it. Then "cut" or re-draw necessary parts.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish there was a program or editor that would make those kinds of menus for you. Is there such thing?

------------------
    Ali Mousavi
    CarAudioClub.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by Mousavi:
    I wish there was a program or editor that would make those kinds of menus for you. Is there such thing?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure, but Fusion can come close to doing this.
    In regards to using PhotoShop, I use it at times along with Corel Draw, but what I find I am using most of the time is NetStudio 2000, its so powerful and easy to use and FAST and Productive. I use it 95% of the time.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for how they got that shadow and the top nav bar there, it's more than one image. If I'm ever perplexed by the layout of a page, I usually open up my trusty Dreamweaver3 and check out the layout there.

------------------
    Who the heck is Gen. Failure and why does he want to read my hard drive?
    Soon to come: Aspology.com