SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Help with creating template...!

Hi,
    I'm trying to code this template

I want the whole template to be resizeable in height, but when I make the purple cell on the right bigger, it screws up my navigation... how can I fix that?
    and also why is Imageready creating this annoying spacer cells - that are sean in the top and left edges of my template, and how can I remove them without having the whole template screwed up??

Thanks!!

I meant that to happen silver trophybronze trophy Raffles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That template is not only an eyesore in terms of colour, but it has been made with tables, which is not a good thing. The spacer cells are an example of why tables are bad for layouts. That's what happens when you use imageready. Have a look at the templates on pmob.co.uk or on the layoutgala: http://blog.html.it/layoutgala/ for some nicely done and well-coded templates.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, I forgot to mention, this template looks bad because I don't want to disclose right now for which website I'm creating this, so I've deleted almost everything on it except the navbar, and the bright colors I've made were in order for me to easily see each cell....
    what program do you suggest?

I meant that to happen silver trophybronze trophy Raffles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crimson Editor or Notepad2. They're text editors. Like notepad, but much more useful.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok this is what the template supposed to look like (except the logo that I've erased)

I want the center part to be editable - so I the height would change according to the text, and also to be able to add as much tables as I want besides these two that are currently there

I also want the quick links to be editable the same way....

I've tried in Imageready to Create it with CSS, but it kinda screwed up the tables with some annoying white gaps...

and the temalate is much more complicated then these in the website that you've given me - It has a special BG inside a special BG and has rounded corners, so I don't think it would be easy to code it manually as you suggest...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not familiar at all with image ready, but if it creates a table, in the table code add:
    HTML Code:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    Zack
    zc | the portfolio of zack curl out soon!

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your problem is that you are expecting a graphics program to code your page for you. You need to slice up the images in as many slices as you need, some as part of the page, some to use as backgrounds via css and then *build* the page with a html editor. This way you have total control over the layout. HTML from a graphics program is very rigid and doesn't allow for any flexibility and leads to the very problems that you are having.

Nadia