User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange behavior in IE6

Site: http://www.mytokiohotel.net
    If you visit the site everything works fine with Firefox. The frontpage does work with IE, too.

However, as soon as you click on some navigation items on the left you will experience sooner or later (more sooner than later) that IE6 doesn't display some pages correctly. Only the logo and one part of the navigation is being displayed. The rest is just missing (the content)

I played around with the CSS file a lot but couldn't find out what's the problem here. CSS File: http://www.mytokiohotel.net/wp-conte...dium/style.css

Thanks for every help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooh, so it does.

First thing I'd do is remove <!-- Start Header --> from before the Doctype. This will throw IE (and other browsers) into quirks mode, which makes their rendering a little... unpredictable.

Secondly, make sure your code validates. A missing </div>, </table>, </script> or --> might make the whole page go missing.

One thing I did notice: IE blocked a cookie set by one of your advertisers. You could try removing the chunks of advert code one by one and see if they are causing the issue?
    Olly Hodgson
    thinkdrastic.net

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, removed the start header.

Fixed all critical validation errors but I'm still experiencing the problem. It's really strange I'm only using AdSense from Google, no other Advertisers.

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi,

It sounds like a "layout" issue (see faq ) and the most likely element would be this one.

Code:
    #rightcol {
    	margin-left:221px;
    	min-height:400px;
    }
    * html #rightcol {height:1%}
    However I can't reproduce the problem locally so i don't know if it will help.