SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Setting up php-5.2.0

Upon opening php-5.2.0 to check it's running I get the following error message:

Unable to load dynamic library'./php_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

Along with:

Unable to load dynamic library'./php_mysqli.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

The only other information I can find on this problem tells me that I'm using a version of libsmysql.dll that's too recent. Is it because I'm trying to install 5.2.0 that I'm having this problem?

I've definitely changed the php.ini file to the specifications you give in "DATABASE DRIVEN WEBSITE" I've also sighted extension_dir.

Where am I going wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you using windows or linux?
    i love php

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm running windows xp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you uncomment the line for php_mysql.dll? did you cut and paste the files into your windows/system32 folder?
    i love php

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I hadn't cut and pasted php_mysql.dll, I've done it now and everything seems to be working just fine, I also cut and pasted php_mysqli.dll as it was another file that I uncommented in my php.ini file.

I would like to add that after a good flick through the pages of "BUILD YOUR OWN DATABASE DRIVEN WEBSITE 3rd Ed." I couldn't find the part about pasting those files over anywhere.

I wonder if this is because I'm using php 5.2?

Well regardless, everything is up and running now, you've been a great help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by employboy View Post
    No I hadn't cut and pasted php_mysql.dll, I've done it now and everything seems to be working just fine, I also cut and pasted php_mysqli.dll as it was another file that I uncommented in my php.ini file.

I would like to add that after a good flick through the pages of "BUILD YOUR OWN DATABASE DRIVEN WEBSITE 3rd Ed." I couldn't find the part about pasting those files over anywhere.

I wonder if this is because I'm using php 5.2?

Well regardless, everything is up and running now, you've been a great help.
    they've been advising this since php4, and it still applies to php5 as well. it's good you finally got your scripts up and running now. glad i could be of help!
    i love php