SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few 'beginners' questions please

Hi I wonder if anyone could help me with a few things I need to do on my site please;

1. When a visitor clicks on a link I want them to be taken to another page on my site AND a new browser window to open for another website (I know I could create pop ups) but I would rather have the 2 pages alongside each other.

2. I want to create a newsletter sign up box

3. I want to create an 'add us to your favourites' which automatically brings their favourites box up so all they have to click is "add this page".

I hope this all makes sense. Any help is greatly appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gooders2274
    1. When a visitor clicks on a link I want them to be taken to another page on my site AND a new browser window to open for another website (I know I could create pop ups) but I would rather have the 2 pages alongside each other.
    for what purpose? generally, this bugs users.

2. I want to create a newsletter sign up box
    this will be dictated by what kind of server and what database you have available. or you can use a service. or your host might have an option available.

3. I want to create an 'add us to your favourites' which automatically brings their favourites box up so all they have to click is "add this page".
    here's one way: http://javascript.internet.com/page-...okmark-us.html
    others: http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ark+javascript

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote:
    for what purpose? generally, this bugs users.

Well I will be explaining something on one side whilst they look at what i;m explaining on the other side of the screen. Its not for pop up ads or anything like that, its a relevant to what they will be visiting the site for

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'm understanding you correctly, you just need to add a target=_blank... This should open up the page to a separate browser window and should bypass most pop-up blockers.

Example:

<a href="www.yoursite.com/otherpage.php" target="_blank">Other Page</a>