User Tag List

Thread: IPB 2.2 update

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IPB 2.2 update

Beta is expected Sept. 22. The improvements look good http://forums.invisionpower.com/inde...owtopic=226814 and they have the system running on their company boards. I really like the profile portals, and how they integrated the latest blogs and gallery, although they're having problems with the blogs on the IPS site.

The pricing structure is getting a few people nervous but I don't think it's so bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had never used IPB before but recently i purchased a license to try it out and decided to use it on webbrainiac - a webmaster resource site im trying to get going.

i like it overall. seems pretty decent, i'd like to get the new updates the list of improvements seems good.

i still prefer vbulletin. but i like the system, it has a lot of power.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over a month ago I converted a rather large IPB forum to vB. I'm quite confident with the vB software and wasn't so sure about remaining with IPB, which is why I switched that particular forum to vB. But this news about IPB 2.2.... wow! I sure hope Jelsoft/vB is aware of these new developments (I'm sure they already are). Hopefully vB will have similar features soon.
    For HTML Help visit: HTML Help Central
    For Graphic Design help visit: GFXVoid.com
    If you're a GEEK then go where geeks go....

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not as impressed with the new features announced to be honest. A lot of bloat has entered the product, and a lot of features people will be switching off.

The new profile view is the biggest load of rubbish l have seen in a forum product in a long time. If l wanted that sort of a thing l would start a site on myspace.com.

Will not be upgrading to the new version, and am seriously thinking of moving to a new product, if the new features are the direction IPS are going in. Every single additional feature is available as a mod from ize for anyone wanting them.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dionsiseire
    i had never used IPB before but recently i purchased a license to try it out and decided to use it on webbrainiac - a webmaster resource site im trying to get going.

i like it overall. seems pretty decent, i'd like to get the new updates the list of improvements seems good.

i still prefer vbulletin. but i like the system, it has a lot of power.
    Off topic.

Dion are the following available for vBulletin?

- Reviews system.

- Article Management System.

- Quiz System.

- Arcade, hey l don't mind wasting a few hours here and there.

Am seriously less than happy with IPS at the moment due to a support issue being swept under the carpet ... yet again!. Starting to look at the alternatives