I don't know for sure if this is the place to post this, but..

I've been looking around this site, and I've found many references against the use of frames. I've been designing webpages for off and on for about 4-5 years, and I've found them to be invaluable for easy navigation.

I test out every page I've ever made on atleast two computers, one that is top-of-the-market speed, and one that is rather slow. And, although on the new computer, sites like these are very easy to navigate, on the slower computer they tend to get bogged down every time I click a link
and have to wait for the navigation images to load all over again.

I understand the need for the new navigation images, as the navigation bar changes it's options depending on where you are. But on a smaller site, where all your main options can be presented at one time (example: the top navigation bar on the main sitepoint.com page), what is your opinion on using a stationary frame for the navigation?

(Please discount your bad experiences with frames on some sites. You know, scroll bars that don't need to be there, or even worse, having the scroll bar set to "never" and you can only get to half the page!)

------------------
~Raj