User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Footers below divs

Hello
    I have a layout that I've been trying to add a footer to using the suggested code in The CSS Anthology (pg 313). But it's not working. The footer is sticking to the bottom of the page fine but overlaps some of the text.

I've uploaded it here: http://www.whywomen.org.uk/whywomencss/

I really can't figure this out! I also can't figure out the text in the boxes, but I'll come back to that :-)

Any thoughts?
    Thanks

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't believe you can mix percentages with absolute postioning. If you are going to use absolute positioning you need to declare the "absolute" width, height, and location of your page elements. This looks like an easy page to code using floats. I'd try that.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tyssen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower
    I don't believe you can mix percentages with absolute postioning. If you are going to use absolute positioning you need to declare the "absolute" width, height, and location of your page elements.
    Not sure what you mean by that. You can certainly use % for your top bottom left & right values. And you don't always need to specify the dimensions, but often it helps.
    As for your problem, I'd probably close the stylesheet link correctly first in your HTML and then maybe take a look at Paul's tutorial on 100% layouts with a footer at the bottom of the page and/or content.

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyssen
    Not sure what you mean by that. You can certainly use % for your top bottom left & right values. And you don't always need to specify the dimensions, but often it helps.
    As for your problem, I'd probably close the stylesheet link correctly first in your HTML and then maybe take a look at Paul's tutorial on 100% layouts with a footer at the bottom of the page and/or content.
    My bad then. I just have never had luck with absolute positioning and percentages.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown