User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Customer Management?

Hi Guys,

I am setting up a website where i will be selling a sevice that i will be completing offline for them (not web design).

What I would like to be able to do is have an area on my site where my customers can log into to check the progress of their project, add/reply to notes for extra instructions, Invoicing and billing (payment processing if possible but not essential). Im looking for a very lightweight system and do not require most of the features of say DotProject.

The other requirement would be so they can upload the files that i will be working on, these can be over 1 GB on occasion. is there a soultion that can support this to make it easyier for the customer (instead of them having to learn FTP)?

Any Ideas fellow site pointers??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of existing solutions out there. Basecamphq.com. We use this on one of our projects for general project collaboration with a client that's across the country. In the past, I've used quickbase.com as well. Both of these cost money but if you don't have time to create your own solution these would work fine for you.

Good luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi sdlifecycle, Thanks for the reply, that is sort of what i am looking for and will bear it in mind!

does anyone know of any other scripts that i could install and cutomise on my servers?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you may want to look again at dotProject, as most of the features/modules you don't need can be turned off or uninstalled.
    This also has the benefit of allowing you to easily re-enable any as your needs may change.

Current version 2.04 is working very stable. Great product.

Good luck,

- Vince