SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Best places to sell websites ?

Hello All Just wondering if anyone her knows the best places to sell websites? I have sold sites on ebay for over 2 years bit was wondering if thee was anywhere else which has alot of people interested in starting there own website business? Do people here prefere selling sites on ebay or places that are mainly aimed at selling websites. Look forward to replies

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also do people find it good to sell sites here ?

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean 'sell' websites... Do you wish to promote your services as a web developer, or do you sell templates... hard to answer without a bit more info

Nadia

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THere's always the Sitepoint marketplace.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Windmills
    THere's always the Sitepoint marketplace.
    I was going to say that. I have not had much luck selling websites on ebay. And the ebay fees are out of control now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

When you sell one template to one customer, do you sell it again afterwards (the same or changed a bit) ?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Thank you for your replies, nice to know there are people out there willing to help, here is a little more info

Hello my name is Richard and i run a businss called your-new-business we sell ready made Lingerie businesses mainly to the UK but also to America Canada and Australia.

Last year i was selling over 10 sites a day on ebay but got annoyed with there fees, does anybody here know of anywhere good to sell websites ?. The thing is is it is not a good idea for me to spend much on the advertising as i sell the sites for cheap anyway and mainly make my income from the hosting fee. I have many happy customers who are now working from home, 90percent of the sites i sell make the owner no money as they do not put any effort into marketing, the other 10percent make a good living especially the top 5percent. If anybody here knows where i can sell it would be much apprecieated as marketing is not my strong point<snip>Advisor's edit</snip>
    Last edited by Jelena; Sep 18, 2006 at 04:40. Reason: please use MarketPlace to sell/buy or make offers

SitePoint Co-founder Matt Mickiewicz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should list your sites for sale in the "Turnkey" section of the SitePoint MarketPlace.
    Matt Mickiewicz - Co-Founder
    SitePoint.com - Empowering Web Developers Since 1997
    Follow me on Twitter.

SitePoint Enthusiast team_ecommerce's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try offline resources, conventions, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With ebay, you're paying for the audience. If you want people to see, and hopefully purchase your turnkey sites, then it's just a cost of doing business. When costs go up, so too should the price.

I haven't looked much at the turnkey section here - my focus is on less of the cookie-cutter type of site - but as per a previous recommendation, try selling them in the Sitepoint Marketplace.

It's not a perfect system, and the fact that the fees are low encourages stupidity on the part of some bidders, but I've made a few good purchases from the Marketplace, and heartily recommend it.

BP
    ->Outsource Here<-
    Dreaming of the 4 Hour Workweek? Visit SigePo and start living
    a more relaxed lifestyle. Mention SitePoint for special pricing.