User Tag List

Thread: Internet Radio

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Internet Radio

I'm looking for some information describing the different options for setting up an Internet Radio show or station. Service Providers or do it yourself. Looking for a solid option suitable for broadband audience.

Any help appreciated.

TIA
    Paul

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been looking at this site: http://www.live365.com/index.live

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pilotjourney, thanks for the reply. keep me posted if you go with them or find other options.

For this project I have an established audience and the "talent" (not myself) that wants to be part of it. I really want to boostrap this and commit very little to it up front financially. But the key for me is not to commit to something either a service like this or some software or otherwise that we do inhouse, until I'm sure it is a good long term option. I also don't want to signup for something with monthly fees and be paying while I learn how to use it.

It would be great to find a blog or some other discussion that specifically discusses the process of setting up and running Internet Radio and the various options.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    btw, this is something that was mentioned to me elsewhere. I haven't had time to go through it too much yet:
    http://www.drs2006.com/manuals/faq/index.php