User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Membership Application using Paypal

Ok here is the deal...

I have a client that is a non-profit organization. They want to integrate into their current web site the ability to have new members fill out a custon online application and then have the user make that membership payment using PayPal.

Keep in mind that the user will have the option to choose which level of membership he/she would like to join.

If possible the organization would like to keep a database of the information that is entered into the system. Can anyone recomend something out there that will allow this using Paypal?

I am thinking that shopping cart of some sort would allow this, but it has to allow the admin to create a custom form that will allow him to get whatever information is needed from the user.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try DL Paycart

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nikola8
    Try DL Paycart
    That is a delivery system. How will this help me?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Does nobody have a solution to consider?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A shopping cart in this case would be overkill. If the membership is not web integrated, all you need is a form that will prepopulate the paypal subscription button with your custom variables. You can specify up to 3, if I recall correctly. Then if it's manual database entry and creation, your client can just rely on the email paypal sends in confirmation without messing about further.

If it's web login/integration, Paypal can do that too, the user can specify a username and password (and you can still specify the custom variables), Paypal will call back your specified script where you can handle these variables. You should look at the Paypal Developer's Network, there's a manual there with all the specifications as well as very useful links. I use the example skeleton notify.php available there to handle callbacks for subscriptions on my own site. When the subscription is cancelled or expires, Paypal automatically calls this script and passes the appropriate variables so that it can cancel subscriptions automatically.