SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question ****.com - submitting own press release

Hi,

Im a **** user since April 30th. I really like it and it almost replaced my news reader. OK, some time ago I finished a new community site and I would like to submit a press release or something to ****.

Is this spam? What do other users think of it?

Im not a power user. Im using **** to get news - not to discuss anything.

oerdec

PS: Oh, the name of the website is replaced by asterisks. Im talking about a website where users can submit news. They have a kind of ranking system to get news on the front page.... OK?

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jelena's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    digg is censored word around the boards.
    Details: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365352
    -- Jelena --

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jelena,

I`m not begging for any ***** by sitepoint or **** users. I dont intend to link neither to my submitted press release nor to my new site. After I submitted my question here I realised that the name of that site is not allowed. OK, I respect this.

But is a discussion about that site allowed to avoid spam? If not, please close this topic.

oerdec

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jelena's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your questions is fair enough, I just wanted to give you the answer why ***** shown up once you created the thread
    -- Jelena --

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, thanks.

btw. I didnt noticed that begging for ***** was such a big problem on sitepoint. I cannot understand

this way to get traffic. I would never risk to be a spammer after I spent so much time on building a new website... not even after a short time

But maybe someone could tell me what happend after submitting own content to ****. And Im just interested in well meant submissions - creating fake accounts and using scripts or stuff sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think in general the dggg community frowns on submitting anything of your own. A press release might even be worse.

SitePoint Enthusiast sinjix_media's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased boycottdigg.com and boycottdigg.org

Don't be afraid to speak out.

Join us in the fight.

Join us in out discussion @ http://www.ny-dev.com/forums/f97/***...diculous-1354/
    , send me an e-mail @ webmaster@ny-dev.com or PM me @:
    AIM: useri4823
    Yahoo: sinjix_media
    MSN: infitech@infitechdesign.com

We're looking for experienced web developers interested in helping us develop the site.

Don't let this injustice happen without a fight.

Quote from our discussion:
    "When Danny attempted to contact **** regarding this issue, as we are still a small site trying to expand, and one of the avenues we've selected in order to achieve this is through partnerships with sites like **** to get our content out there - he received the following (I presume automated) response from ****:

Quote:
    When submitted stories are consistently reported as spam and users complain via our feedback email about submission spam, we ban the domain. The domain will not be unbanned. The domain would consistently get reported as spam otherwise.

-The **** Watch Team."
    Regards,
    Danny Michel

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    **** isn't really the place for "press releases"... that sounds spammy considering what **** is even if you don't submit it yourself. If you can get a blog to write you up in a positive way, and submit that from an account not easily linked to the site, you can probably pull that off. If it gets you anything is still up to whether the site's users think the writeup is interesting enough to **** it.

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There are very few sites (in fact none come to mind) that will post self-submitted press releases. You need to submit your release to a press release distributor like PRWeb and those interested will pick it up from them.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown