SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been testing my pages with Netscape 6 and I'm both pleased and displeased. I'm pleased that it now recognizes my CSS but I'm displeased for 2 reasons. A. I have to make a third page for redirection do to different spacing with 6.0 and things not lining up correctly B. A few of my pages do not show up in netscape 6.0

I'm sure its a table issue but the funny thing is netscape 4.5 viewed them just fine, but 6.0 has decided not to. This is the part I can't explain so I was wondering if anyone had a list of table syntax that 6.0 does or does not recognize. I figure the problem is that 4.5 just ignored the tags it didn't understand and displayed what it did, but maybe 6.0 is trying to understand them and it can't because of another difference between it and IE, they look fine in IE.

I'm using all sorts of the newer table tags. The page in question is http://benningnt.bch.msu.edu under the search heading if you try the example search for pyruvate you'll see the tags and what I mean.

Chris

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't really compare your pages performance in NS6 to NS4.x. They are completely different browsers, nothing in NS6 (basically) was taken from any other version of Netscape - it was completely rewritten with full standards support. Try the W3 html validator, somewhere on their site, since this will validate the same HTML standards NS6 is rendering.

------------------
    Dan Grossman
    webmaster@websitegoodies.com / www.websitegoodies.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...and don't forget that NS6 is still a beta product. Don't rule out the possibility that it isn't your code that's the problem, but the browser itself!

------------------
    -Kevin Yank.
    http://www.SitePoint.com/
    Helping Small Business Grow Online!