Hybrid View

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help/suggestions with displaying large images in a gallery

I have implemented Litebox http://www.doknowevil.net/litebox/

to view large versions of images at http://www.plessner.co.uk/wallpaper.html

However, the horizontal scrolling of the page is a problem: The large images only load at the left of the page - quite useless in this case.

Is there any other solution that I could implement (any other script)?

I have to say, I am not a JS programmer, so I pretty much need a ready to use thing.

However, I know HTML and CSS ok. So, if there is any easy fix in the CSS that could be done to the Litebox that runs at the moment, I propably could do it.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I ♥ PHP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, the biggest problem you are going to face is the horizontal scrolling in general. My first tip would be create a div to hold all of your content and set it to scroll if necessary, leaving the body of the page static. Take a look at the overflow property to get some ideas. for horizontal scrolling you just need to set a fixed width, overflow: auto, and it should scroll for you.

Once that is done you should have no problems.

If you do, however, want the page to scroll horizontally, you have two choices. The first is to play around with the lightbox code and set the mergin-left property to equal the screens position, this will require a bit of fiddling with the Javascript. The second is to reset the users viewpoint back to the left of the screen, but I think this would be too annoying personally.

Regards,
    Jordan

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks - scrolling DIV sounds like a good idea.

Could you point me to how to make the DIV 100% height that works in all browsers?
    Is it just height: 100%; or will some browsers not like that?
    Thanks