User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Not a Joomla problem, but php.ini PLEASE HELP

Hehe, my first post I believe.

I've been looking around the web for a solution, but as of yet I have no luck. I recently installed Joomla on a new site for my work. Installed all necessary components, and everything is running fine. Almost ready for launch. Now I have an issue with php.ini

Joomla states: Upload limit is 2Megabytes (set in php.ini)

I look into the only php.ini i find (which is in the rootdir) and there's no variable for upload limit... in fact, there's nothing.

php.ini:

register_globals = off
    allow_url_fopen = off

[end file]

I found in some forums to add,
    php_value upload_max_filesize 8m
    into my .htaccess file and i don't have one of those, so i converted the txt file from joomla to .htaccess and added that string and it doesn't work.

then in the same thread, another solution was to add,
    ini_set('upload_max_filesize', "8M");
    into the php.ini and i haven't done that because i'm not sure if this is the right php.ini

If it means i have to put an .ini in every directory then so be it. But if any of you know where the direct problem is, or if adding this string to my blank .ini file would work, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help, getting this site running could merit me a raise (in this horrible media publishing sweatshop)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this problem last week with a new joomla install. The problem that was getting in the way was the host's PHP upload size restriction which was set at 2MB. I had it set to 16MB and the problem was fixed.

Dalt