User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Access Database HTML Front End

Hi all,

I am looking at the possibilities of introducing HTML front end databases in my work place and what the best ways are to go about doing it.

I am new to Access and databases in general but do have a fair bit of knowledge with HTML. The databases will not be on the web they will only be used on a local Intranet (not sure if this makes it easier?) and I would need to have input and search functions on the HTML page.

Would there be a script that I can use and customise to bind the two together, I am hoping that I might be able to download something like this and then customise it for each database.

If I was to post the front end (HTML Page) would someone be able to write a script that would then connect to a database? Or would I also need to make the database avalable.

If there is any good starter information available on the web can you post the address.

Thanks in advance for you help and advise.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

server-side, maybe??

Hi..

I think you might have better luck posting this in the er-side forum since the intranet web server will probably be doing the work (not a client/browser).

I also have application builder that will create a .asp front-end for your access database...
    http://www.aspapp.com

Good luck and let me know if you need more help.
    in1.com | Bootply - Bootstrap playground