SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Podcasts - Wave of the future ... or something ...

I am not very familiar with Podcasts other than I keep reading that we should be making them for increased exposure online.

But the problem is, how on earth does someone like me find something worthy to say?

I mean, I'm sure I could be funny if a bottle of Jack was thrown into the mix ... and by funny ... I mean drunk. But past that, I can't imagine pulling off a newsworthy and entertaining presentation.

Am I overanalyzing this? Are the reasons that people have Podcasts not really so that people listen to them but more for just link building? Could I just read the ingredients off my Coke Zero, name it Kultic.com Podcast, submit it to podcastingnews.com, and have it do whatever it is that it's going to do?

Thanks in advance as usual
    http://www.kultic.com

Your definitive source for high-end denim and casual wear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question What is your goal?

What is the goal for you doing a podcast? Is it that you want to publish/promote yourself, or you want experience with producing a podcast?

If you are lacking content and want the experience, there are plenty of people that you could start doing a podcast for - a local business or organization, etc.

mp/m

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work for an online store, so the goal would be to promote the store.

I wasn't sure about the mechanism for this though. Would it be that people would actually listen to it, or just by the nature of having a podcast online, our link popularity would increase which would in turn help our rankings.
    http://www.kultic.com

Your definitive source for high-end denim and casual wear.