SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie seeking help

I am relatively new to website creation etc etc. As in started about two months ago. So all feedback and any tips would be very much appreciated especially with regards to keywords and meta tags as I know almost nothing about them and how they work. I don't even really know what a meta tag is to be completely honest.

I actually have three websites Id like feedback from but I'll put them all here rather than being underhand and wasting people's time by submitting a post for each.

www.dnapropertyltd.com

<2 urls removed - 1 site for every 3 reviews made. please read the guidelines>

Thank you for your time and seriously ANY help would be appreciated as I really don't have much of a clue.
    Last edited by Varelse; Sep 6, 2006 at 09:07.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like your "links" link at the top nav bar leads to a different place than your "links" link at the bottom nav bar.

The site is easy to navigate, clean design. I like it.

Some info on meta tags: http://searchenginewatch.com/showPage.html?page=2167931

Basically, some search engines will use the description in meta tags as the line that will be displayed below your link in the search results. Meta tags are not weighted very heavily anymore with regard to search engine result placement.

Hope this helps!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing I noticed is spelling errors on the home page copy...

"Our aim is to provide affordable, accessable and straightforward invetsments for all." should read:

"Our aim is to provide affordably, accessible, and straight-forward investments for all."

I strongly suggest you run the entire site thru spell-check, to make sure you're not missing any other spelling errors.

Aside from that, I couldn't really tell what you were... You're an investment company, but you talk about how you only sell products that you are 100% happy with... I didn't realize investment companies sold products; what exactly are you?

If you're a real estate investment company, say so. If you're a commodities investment company, say so. Better copywriting would help in this area.

The top navigation links are fine, until you mouseover them... The bright yellow doesn't contrast with the white background enough.

Coming Soon links look unprofessional... In my experience, clients will never send you information for "Coming Soon" areas after the site is live. Either leave it out, or write a paragraph about what WILL go there eventually... But you're better off leaving it out.

The Links link on the bottom left goes to the Cyprus page.

On the Egypt page, the Resort Properties Prices links are extremely redundant... The page itself isn't that long, so the need for anchors is non-existant, all it does is confuse me. I can see the heading for Properties from the top of the Resort section, all I need to do is scroll.

The Network page doesn't make sense to me, I don't know what all these websites are, and how they relate to DNA Property.

I suggest do a spell check of the entire site, and have some new copy written to tighten up who the company is, what they do, and who they've represented in the past. Also, check to make sure all your links are pointing in the right place before launching the site. Then, fill in the "Coming soon" areas or get rid of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I agree with uninspired, you must get rid of those spelling errors. The best option would be getting a professional copywriter on your team.

Your layout is clean and adequate for a corporate site but I'd suggest reviewing your HTML code and move to a CSS based design instead of depending on tables. It will help you with mantaining the site too.

The title attributes in your links of the top menu has nothing to do with the link text. You should also consider labeling your links different. There's no much logic there.

Change the orange hover for your links over yellow background and use a contrasting color.

Good luck!

SitePoint Enthusiast milko_leporis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the links page, a picture near text "Email this page to a friend" is missing.
    Design is very good

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good looking site. I agree some of the copy needs work and the map of Egypt is overcompressed, even the full size one. It's not clear what you sell or do though - do you sell property? investment in property? what is the product you refer to?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Team?

You think I have a team? It's just me. Muddling through. Getting a copy writer would in effect double the team and, since I'm not as yet taking a wage, do astronomical things to the costs.

But that aside I'll look at changing the things I understood. Particularly spelling... too much coffee and 4 hrs of sleep a night I guess.

Hey ho, but if you don't ask you don't learn.

Surprised it's not clear what we sell though. Had feedback from other forums to say it was and already getting good responses from buyers. But then again I guess if not everyone gets it you might be missing potential customers.

Comments have all been appreciated.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, nice design for a newbie, keep it up, you are off to an exellent start!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll stick strictly to the website review, however there is a plethora of grammar problems.

Very nice and crisp website. It's good that you're linking to your main project straight from the frontpage. It's easy-to-navigate. I like your header image, both it and the logo work well together.

You should get rid of the coming soon pages, or at least, this is what I would do - write more than two words on those pages. Coming soon isn't good enough. Give a little bit of detail. Write something like "A prime real estate opportunity is coming soon"
    TheHabsFan.com - Montreal Canadiens News
    PlaySP.be - Unbiased reviews for the PSP
    Find the right ad network for you @ AdResource!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with alexisb, learn CSS layout and change those hover colors ans run a spell check.