User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review my site

Hello,

Please review my site and provide feedback.
    http://www.myworkitems.com

Thanks in advance,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    It took me a few minutes to fully grasp what your site offers. Reading the page "Company Info" helped. Maybe that (or better) should be on the homepage.

You could use a better logo.

I think the left nav could have a better style.

The headers (like Workflow, Online, etc.) are too far offset from their bullet points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your images are in dire need of resizing and optimization. It is apparent that you merely resized your grapics using code which is a brutal way of doing it. I cant talk because my whole site is an image, but still. Open em up in photoshop or whatever and resize em. seriously.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much info in PDFs. It takes awhile to open the pdf. The info in those pdfs may better be used as copy for your webpages. That would increase your search engine friendliness, also.

I also had a difficult time knowing what your website was used for. This could perhaps be solved by a central, eye-catching image and/or description as a focal point. Currently, there is no focal point so it's hard for me to know where to begin reading, browsing, etc.

Hope this helps!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apryle
    I also had a difficult time knowing what your website was used for. This could perhaps be solved by a central, eye-catching image and/or description as a focal point. Currently, there is no focal point so it's hard for me to know where to begin reading, browsing, etc.
    I agree, an eye-catching logo can make a world of difference in how your site looks.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks reasonable but the prose needs tightning up and less jargon. Some screenshots of what you're likely to get if you sign up would help - descriptions don't really do it justice I suspect.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the site doesn't load for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I'm browsing the site with Firefox 1.5.0.6 from Fedora Core Linux.

Somebody already mentioned a better logo, I agree. The current logo gives no hint about the purpose of the site (managing workflow processes?) and is too Win XP-ish.

The three pictures used on the frontpage look a little out of place. What a pyramid and "getting started" have in common?

The color scheme is a little boring, too blue and monochromatic. Monochromatic is good but you need some balance between all the elements in your design. The blue gradient on the sidebar is just too much. There's a lot of empty space there, below the four links, and looks like something is missing.

I understand that "literature", on the top menu, includes help, documentation or guides to use the site, right? If so, why don't you use a simpler name? "help" perhaps? At first sight I thought it had information on literary works; books.

On the registration page I think you are putting too much text above the form. There are three lines about URL Prefix, you could get rid of them and make it intuitive in the URL Prefix text box. For example, putting something like "youraddress.myworkitems.com" next to it (or inside and with some Javascript making it disappear as soon as the user starts typing)

Labeling each field with the words required or optional is redundant, you could use a different color or a simple asterisk for the required fields. It's obvious that fields not marked this way are optional.

Your HTML coding is mixing content and design and using tables for layout, you can get cleaner and easier to maintain code by separating HTML from CSS, structure from design. You may be using a CMS, then take a look at its template engine to make it produce better code.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using Windows XP Pro, with IE.

I am a little confused as to what you are sctually offering, the site is also slow loading.

It has already been stated but a logo would be a great help.

Since you are offering a service I would use the home page to describe what you are and what you do.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

My first review

Ok, for starters I like the use of colours. Bright but not overly in your face. Your logo needs work. This is a very niche market that you're aiming at it seems. Your website looks like it needs more content, for some reason from the frontpage I get the feeling. Perhaps you need to list more items on your menu. The site loaded fine on high speed for myself, I suspect most businesses are on broadband, so that's not a problem.
    TheHabsFan.com - Montreal Canadiens News
    PlaySP.be - Unbiased reviews for the PSP
    Find the right ad network for you @ AdResource!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your bullets and headline graphics don't align vertically with the text very well.

Why did you stick Getting Started at the bottom? shouldn't that be one of the first things I see?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good feedback. I appreciate the time spent in your reviews.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site, but it was to hard to find what your site was about. Remember, you only have a few seconds to hook the visitors into your site and show them what you are selling.

You NEED a better logo. I am sorry, but that current logo just isn't cutting it.

Other then the problems that I posted, your site looks very good. It loaded and displayed perfectly in my browser (firefox).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your website layout is good but you need to add something in menu on left. There is email program website which has similar design.