SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review this website

Added: Thanks alot for the input. Very helpful. I really appreciate it. Thanks.

Goods and Bads, don't have to be kind.

It'll also be helpful if you can tell me your gender in your reviews. Of course it's not required Thank you.
    Last edited by Nextal; Sep 11, 2006 at 14:08.

SitePoint Enthusiast CorkyMcDoogle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Male...

I like it overall...

The layout is colorful but not blinding. It's good for the targeted audience imo.

The only thing that really shouted out that needs improvement is the links. I think you should add some type of hover effect to the links. I hate when I can't tell which link I'm on. This especially needed in the lower right corner.

SitePoint Member gregfindley.com's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion...

I would lose the second logo above where it says 'Fall Arrivals' as you have it at the top of page anyway.

I would also think about toning down the colour background on that area, just so it makes the text 'Fall Arrivals' etc easier to read, it will also make the main focus of the page your products

Hope this helps

Greg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Female...
    Your site is a "fun" site to visit because of the color combinations and the way you have it displaying very fashionable trends for the teen and young adult age groups. I would like to see this site as a fluid design which takes up the whole screen. I think it would be dynamite given your color combinations.

I agree about the double logo. You really don't need the Onatoko above the "Fall Arrivals" - rather redundant.

I also agree about the links not being easily seen. Also your links to your sitemap, privacy and terms of use are not linkable located on the bottom of your home page.

I also noticed that you didn't include a DOC TYPE.

All in all though, I think it's very eye-appealing and if I were looking for fashionable "fun" things as a young adult, I certainly would check it out further.

Just my 2 cents,
    DianeD

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Female. age 24

Catchy colors.

The link fonts could be a little larger - I find them difficult to read. Especially the ones in the rainbow stripe.

I love how when you put something in the shopping cart the cart area comes to the front for a second so you can see that the item actually went into your cart. Great touch!

The following link does not work on http://www.onatoko.com/orderstatus.asp :
    Shipment time
    When will the shipment arrive?

Hope this helps! Cool site!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, really really great design....I like it very much.
    It would be better to have larger fonts in the menu.
    The catalogue selection is also cool.

Keep it running and good luck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Male, 25.

I like it a lot. It's got a young look to it and it fits the "urban" spirit pretty well too.

I like the colours, I like the graphics and I like the layout. I really like your logo and how your graphical text looks.

Now for suggestions on making it better:

Since you are selling fashion you are appealing to an audience that will have pleanty of people who aren't that savvy with the internet, so these suggestions are mostly usability ones.

1. Make the top menu text a bit bigger, I think it's just a tad too small on a higher resolution screen, I would take it up a size. Since it's the same size as the rest of the text it doesn't help usability too much.

2. Some of the links aren't obviously links, at least make them change colour when you mouse over (all your links) and keep a standard style, someone who isn't ver net savvy might struggle a bit there.

3. I would change those links below the center portion (the ones on the coloured background), the middle ones are really hard to read and I wasn't sure if they were links or just there to tell you that you sell those types of items.

I think you should rethink that bit.

4. The brands in a line, spread them out across two lines, they look really cluttered.

5. Lastly, think about your link locations, I don't think your menus on the homepage are particualy logical.

Other than that, I think its really good.