User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alstrasoft e-friends v4.96

Anyone willing to fix these errors that keep coming up on my site? Please help I hate the fact that this script seems so great and yet there are so many tiny issues it's unbelievable. If you're willing to fix it for me let me know what you need. thanks.
    visit ucCats.com tell me what you think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck to you... you'll have to hire someone as nobody is just going to fix them for free. Have you contacted their support? Good luck with that too lol but still try!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

You have bought a dud. Don't pay money to fix it. Rather, use that money to hire someone to build a real site for you. e-friends is a waste of money. Better you've learnt now than like myself, later after wasting far too much time, energy and $$.

Rosen

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar3
    Anyone willing to fix these errors that keep coming up on my site? Please help I hate the fact that this script seems so great and yet there are so many tiny issues it's unbelievable. If you're willing to fix it for me let me know what you need. thanks.
    Are you not being supported by the people who made it? That's very weird. Usually when bugs are found the company issues a fix or patch to all clients running that version.

You should try them first. I just went to their site and it appears they are in business still and are proudly selling the product you are mentioning.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixing Alstrasoft E-friends

I complained and complained, NO tech support. They wont even reply anymore. but I got efriends working great on screamintrucker.com and on wepeer.com The TRICK IS: DONT edit any files within your cpanel. The script is unstable when you try to save it at that point. 1. Get the zip file of e-friends and extract the untouched original to your desktop, then edit your .php files with "coffee cup" etc. Then go to your server cpanel and delete the online file and replace it with the freshly edited file you just made but make sure its the right file and is named exactly the same as the file you deleted. 2. Dont get frustrated. If they wont get you a fresh copy of the script to get ya started again email me and Ill send you the original zip. I just bought mine so its got all of the updates. I can probably help fix any error on this script. Mine was $280.00 so I have no choice but to use it and learn how to fix it myself. The biggest error I had was with chat. But thankfully chat is fixed for good as well as everything else. I have it up on 2 sites and so far so good. P.S. DO NOT PURCHASE THROUGH Softbiz scripts or Onlyscript YOU'll HAVE THE SAME TERRIBLE LUCK! If you have already bought e-friends I'll help you fix it so long as it is installed correctly. The error messages are a BREEZE!
    Lemme know if I can help!