SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I'm very much a beginner in this wonderful world of Web Site design. I set up a Web Site for the organization my daughter plays softball for. They wanted an "online registration" feature for the tournaments they host so I turned to the the forms function in Front Page 98.

My problem is that when the form is filled out and submitted when it arrives in the email the form comes in a long line of string text. All the fields and the submitters answers are there... just not in the format we'd hoped. <cringe>

I am really hoping someone will take pity on me and help if they can. I really find the help in Front Page to be incomprehensible at times OR maybe it's me and I just can't comprehend the obvious.

Here's the link:
    http://sacrificesoftball.homepage.com/registration.html

Thanks in advance!

------------------
    Deb

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cadeb, its just a matter of setting up the email results option. heres how you do it:

open the form in FP

right click on the form and choose form properties

click the options button

choose the E-mail results tab

now this is where you set up how you want the results of the form to look after it's e-mailed. in the e-mail format drop down list choose how you want it to look, the formated text option is the one i use but play around with it and see which one works best for you, also make sure there's a check in the box next to "include field names". this way when the form gets submitted the field name will be on the email along with the information.

later, storm...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much, I'll work with those options! Have a great day!

------------------
    Deb