I just wanted to say I use Active Perl on my win2k box at home and I just used the install from the CD (I didn't set the paths myself) and it works fine. You could try running them by opening the dos emulator first and giving it a full path or whatever instead of just double clicking them.
Sorry if itís off topic wluke, just wanted to help the person
I'm running Win2k with ActivePerl installed. It didn't work at first so I...
1) DLed the latest version
2) Opened up the Internet Services Manager
3) Opened up the properties for my w3svc (WWW Service)
4) Went to the Home Directory Tab
5) Hit the configure button
6) Hit the "add" button
7) Entered C:\perl\bin\perl.exe (?) in the textbox for the path
8) Made the script extension .pl
9) Limited verbs to GET, POST
11) And now it works.
Think you're running the server "is 5" and an Asp is only a snake? Get with the times! Active Server Pages dominate.
Soon to come: Aspology.com