SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review my site

Hey guys please review my site.
    I just started getting into web design like 4 months ago.
    Please be honest.
    It is a sweet 15 site, very girly ect....
    the website is
    http://www.dfwquince.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you should really concentrate on details, make fonts bigger, fix mis-allign, change that border, make it look cleaner, more professional

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bold and beautiful. Font-family needs some improvement. Its bit scattered. Need to organize it.

- Experienced WordPress Consultant.
    - Get website design done by Anblik Web Design Company.
    - Collection of Top Free Online Website Builder.
    - Collection of Free Online Website Usability Testing Tools.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks a little bright in my opinion. The content is there, but i dont like the pink color at all. Its your choice though.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi,

your website is looking nice. don't you think that the website is full of images?

regards
    teery john

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Website Review

Thanks guys i'll get to work on it.
    Web Crawler what do you mean the words are scattered?
    Please explain so I can fix.

Terry do you think I should maybe add a small paragraph or what? Delete some images? if so which ones?

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    way too pink for me. Reminds me of Victoria's Secret.

Get all those keywords out of your Meta. The SEs aren't going to use them and there is NO WAY you can optimize a page for that many keywords anyway. Take some time and learn how to do proper seo.

Your galleries link goes to your forum.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, the pink was there before anything loaded and it was too much. I also agree with an earlier post that it needs to be better organized. I didn't know what i was looking at and I am sorry to out of it, but I don't know what that is! For old ladies like me who might come across your website (or those who have daugthers) you should say what the website is clearly when it loads. It seems like alot of boxes, ads, thoughts jumbled on the screen but I couldn't find the main theme. It is good looking though, very pretty, font alittle hard to read but you have a great concept and with alittle organizing and one pink level down, it will be really good.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is very unorganized, needs to be aligned and changed around. When I visit your site, I feel like, what should I go to first, where is what, why should I continue to view this site, when I can't find anything. You want to make your site user friendly, this surely is not. Your colors look like they appeal to just women. Is this what you want? Are you targeting only women? If this is a business, then maybe lose the ads? iFrames are ok to have, but too many can throw users away from what's most important to your site. Try organizing, throw a few more colors in the to appeal men (if you would like to have men visiting your site), and lose the iFrames. Also you might want to go through the html and clean it up a bit. It's very sloppy.

Everything works in my browser, I am using Firefox, but you might want to take some of these things into consideration.
    Want to hire us? Studio727 - Web Design and Business Branding
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Read our blog! It's interesting!
    Check out our design directory! Submit your company today!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Site review

Thanks guys Feedback is helpful

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Your site is a little cluttered, Bigger headings would help one see what is going on in the site. change the pink background color to bring more focus to the content of the site. Overall a good job, keep up the good work.
    Grinding out the websites
    www.groundupwebdesigns.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks very user friendly, colours fit the purpose of the site. Im not to keen on the font's so id try give the nav bar a different font if iwas u. and try sort the slicing out, they look very chopping and in some places out of place. Nice site though

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red is a very strong color and should be avoided being used as background. Infact pink or white background can be suitable for your site keeping the theme in mind.

Also change the font (make bold) of horizontal menu to make them stand out.Youcan also reduce the distance between links on left hand menu.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main color distracts me from reading your site. It may appeal to some, but definitely not for everyone. Try toning down the color intensity and find a secondary color to balance the "shocking" feel.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You site says "B pink - A girls dream" hehe. It is cute and cool site. But you need little bit formatting for your site. I think it is linkl base site instead of text base. But overall it is coooooooool.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pink

OwOwOw. I admit I'm on a work computer which is slower than most but by the time the page loaded my eyes were already hurting from the pink. If I hadn't been reviewing the site I'd have clicked away immediately. As it was I couldn't stay long and my eyes still hurt. So the only suggestion I can make really is that maybe the pink could be less neon and more baby.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first impressions of the site is the background needs to be lightened. I am also not so much for the table border.

The header is nice, although I struggled with the Q in quinceaneras. To me it looks like an S and Q joined together.

as I said, the background coulor could be lighter. Is there a shade between the pink and that vibrant pink you could use? maybe you could just use a white bg and change the table border to black and make it thinner.

I think your fonts are good in size, although I prefer navagation that has rollovers. nothing fancy but just some indication that I should click on it. Just because text is underlined doesn't mean it is a link.

You could use some padding around the table cells so the text is not butted up against the cell wall

the video page has no links to navagate to the main areas of the site. I had to use my back browser.

Some pages, the graphics look pretty nuked and pixelated, including the logo (gallery).

I was taught the the main page should be minimal and clean with NO horizontal and/or vertical scrolling. It should inform the reader where they are (type of site) and entice them to explore the site further. The only sites that should bombard users with a large full page of information are portal sites such as yahoo, maybe clipart galleries and sites that make money by listing all that crap to begin with. Take a look around at some of the sites that would be similar to yours. Before ever designing a site, I always do what is called tactical planning, which is to look at and evaluate related site and decide what is good and what is bad about the sites, and take the good elements and see if I can apply them to a new design that specifically relates to my project.

I think over all you have a good start and have chosen the right feel including colors for the target audience in mind. Just keep tweaking it, and borrowing ideas from the sites you like.

Design is like music, some of it you like, and some of it you don't, but what is likable to you, may not be to others. ie: older people usually dislike rap and hiphop, but that doesn't make it bad music. It is "Target Audience"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, that pink is wayyyyy too much. If you like that color use it in your header and accent graphics.

Shout out box I would remove. The page reloading is annoying and shout out boxes can lead to inappropriate content.

A lot of these pages are blank. Not sure what to do about that without removing half your links. Maybe offer a free listing to the first couple of shops just to get some information in there.

'Coming soon' pages need to die. More professionaly, links that go to these need to be removed.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The logo is pretty large. If you click on galleries the images in the logo are very distorted. My eyes are all over. Line some things up and it could be pretty good.