SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I"m really getting crazy over this.
    How do u hide your source code ? With DHTML, javascript, CGI, whatever. I just want to hide my source code!!!!!!!!! I'm sure that this is possible, beacause i've seen it before! The was a site with out anything for source code.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Karl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no way to hide your source-code fully. You can hide it from amatures but you can't hide it from anyone determined to view your source.

To hide it from the amatures you can use JavaScript to write in the body of the page using document.write() but like I said if somebody wants to view your source they will just go to there web cache and view your JavaScript's .js file.

------------------
    Karl Austin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i believe this has been covered at http://www.webmaster-resources.com/f...ML/000243.html

------------------
    Plebius Press - An independent media network

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IE5 supports script encoding which garbles up your code so that only IE5 can read it. Get it at microsoft.com. I know (read: think) that myDesktop.com uses it to protect their appealing code.

But there is no way to protect anything, really. For the script encoder MS says it is easily broken and a protection against only amateurs. After all, the browser has to read it.

>telnet
    >open yahoo.com 80
    >get index.html

(somethinglike that)
    you'll get the HTML code, just plain text; i.e. no Javascript can hide the right-click.

------------------
    Think you're running the server "is 5" and an Asp is only a snake? Get with the times!
    Active Server Pages dominate.
    Soon to come: Aspology.com