SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Direct Search Linking - Lots of money to be made!

Guys,

Can anyone tell me if this is against the Adsense T&C's?

i checked out the Galaxy Site earlier this week to find a text link box on the right. If you click any of these links it does a search for Yahoo keywords, and includes Galaxy's code in the search string, so they get paid for any ads clicked.

Is this allowed with Google? Is it even allowed with Yahoo - or are galaxy breaking the rules?

I had a rummage around but couldn't find any info on this. I would be really interested to find out as this could prove very beneficial for a couple of my sites...

I really appreciate any help anyone can offer,
    Thanks in advance,
    VCM

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm already signed up to google search for adsense, and I know how to achieve what I want. The problem is, Im not sure if it's allowed. Will I be breaking the adsense T&C's by doing what I said in my post above?

Thanks again for the reply, but if anyone could let me know whether it's "legal" for me to do this, I would really appreciate it...

Thanks
    VCM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vcm
    Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm already signed up to google search for adsense, and I know how to achieve what I want. The problem is, Im not sure if it's allowed. Will I be breaking the adsense T&C's by doing what I said in my post above?

Thanks again for the reply, but if anyone could let me know whether it's "legal" for me to do this, I would really appreciate it...

Thanks
    VCM
    Hey VCM,

As Google's TOS is constantly changing, it's best for you to contact the AdSense team to explain what you're interested in doing and be 110% sure you're within their TOS.

Hope this helps!

- Clint

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vcm
    Unless I'm confused, Google Adsense for Search is exactly what you want to do, n'est ce pas?

Search box -> User enters search term -> Google displays results -> Searcher clicks on ad -> You get paid.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish if not that?

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy C. Ankerstjerne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either that, or link units.
    Christian Ankerstjerne
    <p<strong<abbr/HTML/ 4 teh win</>
    <>In Soviet Russia, website codes you!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tke71709
    Unless I'm confused, Google Adsense for Search is exactly what you want to do, n'est ce pas?

Search box -> User enters search term -> Google displays results -> Searcher clicks on ad -> You get paid.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish if not that?
    Hi again,

Thanks everyone for the replies. I don't think I have made it very clear. If you look at the link in the first post, and check out Galaxy's Hot Links on the right hand side, you will see what I mean. Basically:

1. Using an adsense search box that is already on my site, I search for a term, such as Credit Card.

2. I copy the URL from the results page and set up a link on my site in the links section with text: "Best Credit Card deals", and use the URL that I copied from the search query as the href link.

3. The user clicks my link - "Best Credit Card deals", then clicks on the sponsored result and I get paid.

So, I hope this has simpllified my question. Is the process above allowed by google? Or not?

Thanks again guys,
    VCM

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not allowed.

Unauthorized Web Theologian emmzee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am 100% positive that Google does NOT allow people to do this. The only code that members are allowed to use on their sites is generated through the AdSense website. Additionally, they do make special mention of this situation here:

Again, please note that modification of the AdSense for search code is a violation of the AdSense program policies. Publishers may not:
    * Pre-populate the AdSense for search box
    * Create links to Google AdSense for search results
    * Frame Google AdSense for search results
    * Remove or alter the Google logo (Link)

As for Yahoo, I cannot say, because their progam is only open to US residents, so even though they've sent me two invites so far (knowing that I'm in Canada) I cannot sign up yet.