SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jump menu for emails

This is probably something really simple that I am missing. Is it possible to create a jump menu but instead of putting in lurl inks to click, you put email addresses to click? I don't want to go to a another page, just open the email client to write and send an email.

I want to create this as a simple drop down box on a menu sidebar.

Here is the page. The top half of the page includes the script with my attempts at including email addresses instead of urls. The bottom half is the original separate page with the listing of all addresses.

I have searched but I cannot seem to find an answer. Hope that SitePoint folks can come thru for me as always.

Still learning every day...Thanks in advance for your assistance (or even for shooting me down and telling me to stop wasting time on something that will not work and move on to some other way to do this!)
    Patricia Browne

<body>
    <h6>Teachers/Staff Email Directory</h6>
    <form name="ListBoxForm">
    <p>
    <select size="1" name="ListBoxURL">
    <option value="<A href="mailto:kapril@quincy.k12.ma.us">Kim">mailto:kapril@quincy.k12.ma.us">Kim April</option>
    <option value="<A href="mailto:sbell@quincy.k12.ma.us">Sheila">mailto:sbell@quincy.k12.ma.us">Sheila Bell</option>
    <option value="URL#3.htm">Place 3 </option>
    <option selected> -- Select to Jump -- </option>
    </select>
    <input TYPE="button" VALUE="Go" ONCLICK="gotoLink(this.form)" NAME="button"> </p>
    <script language="JavaScript">
    <!--
    function gotoLink(form) {
    var OptionIndex=form.ListBoxURL.selectedIndex;
    parent.location = form.ListBoxURL.options[OptionIndex].value;}
    //-->
    </script>
    </form>
    <ul>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:kapril@quincy.k12.ma.us">Kim">mailto:kapril@quincy.k12.ma.us">Kim April</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:sbell@quincy.k12.ma.us">Sheila">mailto:sbell@quincy.k12.ma.us">Sheila Bell</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:nbrennan@quincy.k12.ma.us">Nancy">mailto:nbrennan@quincy.k12.ma.us">Nancy Brennan</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:mbrownell@quincy.k12.ma.us">Margaret">mailto:mbrownell@quincy.k12.ma.us">Margaret Brownell</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:jcondon@quincy.k12.ma.us">Joan">mailto:jcondon@quincy.k12.ma.us">Joan Condon</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:jcotter@quincy.k12.ma.us">Jane">mailto:jcotter@quincy.k12.ma.us">Jane Cotter</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:jdeboer@quincy.k12.ma.us">Jeanne">mailto:jdeboer@quincy.k12.ma.us">Jeanne DeBoer</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:jdonroe@quincy.k12.ma.us">Jeanne">mailto:jdonroe@quincy.k12.ma.us">Jeanne Donroe</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:dgreene@quincy.k12.ma.us">Dorothy">mailto:dgreene@quincy.k12.ma.us">Dorothy Greene</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailtolandi@quincy.k12.ma.us">Pat">mailtolandi@quincy.k12.ma.us">Pat Landi</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:lmccarthy@quincy.k12.ma.us">Laura">mailto:lmccarthy@quincy.k12.ma.us">Laura McCarthy</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:wmeehan@quincy.k12.ma.us">Warren">mailto:wmeehan@quincy.k12.ma.us">Warren Meehan</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:dmullen@quincy.k12.ma.us">Donna">mailto:dmullen@quincy.k12.ma.us">Donna Mullen</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:mqualter@quincy.k12.ma.us">Marisa">mailto:mqualter@quincy.k12.ma.us">Marisa Qualter</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:juliannequintiliani@quincy.k12.ma.us">Julianne">mailto:juliannequintiliani@quincy.k12.ma.us">Julianne Quintiliani</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:triley@quincy.k12.ma.us">Tiffany">mailto:triley@quincy.k12.ma.us">Tiffany Riley</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:krosato@quincy.k12.ma.us">Katherine">mailto:krosato@quincy.k12.ma.us">Katherine Rosato</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:rsiciliano@quincy.k12.ma.us">Rita">mailto:rsiciliano@quincy.k12.ma.us">Rita Siciliano</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:asmith@quincy.k12.ma.us">Anne">mailto:asmith@quincy.k12.ma.us">Anne Smith</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:mspillane@quincy.k12.ma.us">Maureen">mailto:mspillane@quincy.k12.ma.us">Maureen Spillane</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:kstruzik@quincy.k12.ma.us">Kristen">mailto:kstruzik@quincy.k12.ma.us">Kristen Struzik</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:gunothompson@quincy.k12.ma.us">Guno">mailto:gunothompson@quincy.k12.ma.us">Guno Thompson</a></li>
    <li>
    <a href="<A href="mailto:tedwalsh@quincy.k12.ma.us">Ted">mailto:tedwalsh@quincy.k12.ma.us">Ted Walsh</a></li>
    </ul>

</body>
    </html>

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um...anyone remember the old Saturday Night Live sketch where Gilda Radner was a newscaster and would go on and on about a topic, completely misunderstanding. Then Chevy Chase would tell her it was not about "new shoestrings" but rather "school shootings" and she would look at the camera, smile sweetly and say "never mind"?

I just figured out what I was doing wrong....

Consider this my "never mind"...
    Thanks for listening...

Patricia Browne