SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict michaelwheaton's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Setting Up a Webcam

I have a QuickCam and I would like to set up a live webcam on my website. I've been looking for some software that will do this, but with no luck so far. I'm hoping to find some software that will be constantly running in the background, from start-up to shut down, that will take a picture at a set interval and somehow get it on my site (probably by FTP). Do you know of anything I could use?

Thanks,
    Michael

insert witty comment here
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's one - http://www.surveyor.com/index_webcam32.html

There are quite a few utils for doing this, doing a basic web search for 'webcam software' should give you some to choose from.

Myros
    NeuralStudios.com
    Art, design, development and web management services.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's your lucky day, Michael.

I got a webcam a couple months ago and was looking for the same thing. I wanted a completely free, preferably ad-free freeware that would upload images automatically to my webspace. Well, after several months of trying out different software off and on, I found ChillCam, which is completely free and ad-free, as well. The user interface could be better, but it works and gets the job done. Hope this helps!

By the way, Webcam32, as mentioned above, is good and I know many who like it, but I couldn't get it to work on my computer and the free trial ran out before I could do anything with it. Unlike ChillCam, it costs money, too.

Yugo full of anvils bronze trophy hillsy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My webcam (Creative) came with a utility that does this. A bit limited, but seems to work well.
    that's me!
    Now A Pom. And a Plone Nut
    Broccoli Martinez Airpark