SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Pragmatic Programmer halfasleeps's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why is paging lagging in firefox??

my site is a flash site but it also has alot of javascript functions it utulizes as well. in IE my flash site runs fine but in FF i get some major lags...since flash is crossBroswer i figured it wasnt the flash file but the actual javasript so i viewd just the flash file form FF and it runs fine with no lag. so there is something in my page thats causing it to lag.

if you view my page vs just the .swf you will see the lag difference, so im sure its something in the javascript, but im unsure what is causing it...can anyone tell me what it is...or any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks
    Altoona Design
    Freelance Flex developer for hire.
    ActionScript Programmer with 8 Years Experience.

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see any lag in FF. Maybe it looked like to you because there's extra html and js to load for your site, while opening a plain swf is less.
    Saul

Pragmatic Programmer halfasleeps's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by php_daemon
    I don't see any lag in FF. Maybe it looked like to you because there's extra html and js to load for your site, while opening a plain swf is less.
    actually i think its just my browser i keep experiencing alot of problems in FF so i un/reinstalled FF and still have problems, i dont know if its a virus or what but i cant get it to fix, and i dont feel like re-installing windows to fix it (which the only other thing i can think of to fix it) But the good news is theres nothing wrong with my site hehe!

Thanks
    Altoona Design
    Freelance Flex developer for hire.
    ActionScript Programmer with 8 Years Experience.