User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to promote a File-Hosting / Upload-Site

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to promote a 1-Click-Hosting Site. I have to mention that every 4-5 Visit on the Main Site ends in a Upload, so that shows me, that the usability is ok...

First ive tried to use Google Adwords, but this kind of Promotion is very expensive (15 Cent/Click).

I mean a site in this sector needs massive traffic and not high quality traffic.

Do you have any suggestions on How to promote a File-Upload-Site?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Post in forums Add a link to it in your sig. Post in lots of forums. Also tell everybody about your site. Thats how I get free traffic.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy bluedreamer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try the adult sector... file upload sites are very popular and with a bit of promotion you should be able to build a lot of traffic. There are a ton of adult links directories to submit to, and many forums to post on. Often, once you are known the word will spread itself as well.

Advertising wise you'd need something catering to an adult audience but there are many adult affiliate schemes you can try...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go to forums where people post short viideo clips for download. Adult industry may be a good sector, celeb sites that sort of thing.

What is most commonly uploaded - is it videos or zips or something else. I would make use of that info and promote the site in forums where people are posting that type of file.

You might even want to approach the forum admin at a relevant place. It has been done before and can work.

Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figure out who exactly you want to appeal your site to. From there, figure out what types of sites those people visit. Find some sites, find out info on the owners, find what forums they're part of, develop a relationship with those owners, and begin getting traffic.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    promote this site
    i have promoted one.
    just post at some free service list site, etc,
    then wait people , people tell people,