SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot silver trophy Mac69's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XP Home Ed & ASP Scripts

Hello All. Let me just say, Thank You to all of the the Knowledgeable people who have answered and helped me out in my past two post. I have One Question for anyone who can help me out.

1. I have Microsoft XP Home Edition. I would like to use ASP scripts to help me build my websites with Frontpage 2002. Can ASP be used on the Microsoft XP Home Edition? If it can't, can I download some software that would make XP Home Edition Compatible with ASP?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ASP is a Microsoft "product" just as Windows. If you have your installation CD for Windows XP somewhere near your pc, just insert it in the CD-rom drive. There is a program on this called Personal Webserver, which allows you to run ASP-scripts on your home pc.

Give it a try .

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's anything like Win 2000 you can install the cut down version of IIS5.

Go to Start | Conrol Panel | Add/Remove Programs.

On the left there'll be a button 'Add/Remove Components', or something to that effect. Clicking on that should give you a list of components you can install. You're looking for the IIS component. Install that and all should be well. (You'll need your CD for the install.)

This'd work for Win 2000 but things may be slightly different for XP so just give a shout if you get stuck.

There's a Sitepoint article on ASP that covers installing IIS.