SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I rather like it, although I agree with some of the previous comments about the fonts and colour selections.

I did have one issue though, the download for some of the navigation was rather slow (I'm in the UK), and while it was downloading I was unable to switch tabs in FireFox 1.5, which was unexpected. This happened a few times.

This may well be a Firefox issue, but I thought I'd mention it.

Best of luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower
    I feel you could have made a better review if you had taken more time, it is a bit dull and not really very informative.

To the OP:

I didn't notice the font thing before unless you recently changed it. I think you have way too many choices there and would be much better off if you allowed your visitors a choice of certain fonts that will compliment your design. For instance, at top you have 3 choices of Abadi font. Even if you had just one choice of each font, it would still be too many. I would suggest you limit choices to one or two each - a serif font, a script font, a decorative font, a san-serif font.

Additionally, you making the choices better shows off your skill as a designer. Most pros wouldn't let their clients pick from 100. Generally you'll just show a client 3 to five choices and work through to their preferences from there.

LOL

Pragmatic Programmer halfasleeps's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edithomevideo
    I won't go over the dark font on the home page because everyone else said that and as I say below, maybe it's alittle wordy and you should section the paragraphs off into smaller units. But, it's beautiful, loads quickly, easy to manuever. I went to your portfolio first and played with all the fun toys there. It's fantastic and I think in your About section you should be alittle more arrogant based on how good your are. Maybe split your about section into two and put the "how you can hire me" up high and the rundown of what you've done in another pulldown menu. I had to search too hard to find the freelance info.
    I left the etch a sketch up to play with and show my daughter. You are very talented.
    Thanks i agree i think i should put the info about hiring me easy to find, and maybe a little more arrogance too . I also added a button to download my resume and im currently working on improving the coolness of my transitions. I'm glad to hear that its loading fast i tried to make it that way and it seems to load fast for me too. Also glad and very flattered that you liked my work so much

i dont know about the firefox thing when switching tabs.

thanks guys
    Altoona Design
    Freelance Flex developer for hire.
    ActionScript Programmer with 8 Years Experience.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have some interesting features that you are giving to web users. Your site is intriguing as well as innovating compared to approaches such as skins -you give people even more granualar abilities.

You are on to something; yet, something more could make it that much better. Perhaps there are too many features on the default. Some of the other members mentioned a more intentional introductory page. Also, removing emphasis of the logo from the center of the page - this was a little distracting.

Good luck and keep with the innovation.

Pragmatic Programmer halfasleeps's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by myworkitem
    You have some interesting features that you are giving to web users. Your site is intriguing as well as innovating compared to approaches such as skins -you give people even more granualar abilities.

You are on to something; yet, something more could make it that much better. Perhaps there are too many features on the default. Some of the other members mentioned a more intentional introductory page. Also, removing emphasis of the logo from the center of the page - this was a little distracting.

Good luck and keep with the innovation.
    thanks, as far as removing emphasis on the middle logo on the about page, there is going to be something there im just still debating on what would be a good and suiting thing to put there...i was thinking maybe have featured projects there?.....What did you mean by 'a more intentional introductory page' if you dont mind elaborating a little bit?

thanks.
    Altoona Design
    Freelance Flex developer for hire.
    ActionScript Programmer with 8 Years Experience.